Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is my first recipe post! I came up with it when I was trying to duplicate my favorite spicy bean dip that is no longer sold at my grocery store. Everyone LOVES this dip and I am asked to make all the time. The only complaint is that there is never enough! It is pretty easy to make as you just throw all the ingredients into a food processor. It can be used as a filling for burritos, tacos or tostadas as well. I sometimes add half a can (15 oz)of Vegitarian Medium Chili to the food processor as well (for the texture of the TVP). Adjust the heat to your liking. Hope you enjoy! Adios!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red peppers (or both) or 1⁄2 cup green pepper (or both)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 diced fresh jalapenos
- hot sauce (I only use Dat'l Do-It Hot Sauce, Dat'l Do-It is a tomato rich sauce that is mildly sweet & Hot)
- cheese, to garnish
- Place all ingredients except Jalapenos into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Fold in Diced Jalapenos.
- Taste and adjust hot sauces to pleasant temperature.
- Garnish with cheese and cilantro leaves.
- Serve with chips or put inside a burrito or taco or on a tostada.
Good recipe! I was missing the pinto beans, the peppers, the cilantro AND the jalapenos and it still turned out great! Thanks!
Made this for Labor Day weekend and it did not turn out so good...I would not try this again.