Recipe by B-Walk
Super easy, light but super satisfying way to incorporate a nice whitefish fillet, some colorful veggies, and lots and lots of flavor. Feel free to substitute, add, or subtract any of your favorite veggies!
Top Review by Jolie W.
I'm not a fish person, but had to for my diet. It was really good. I used 4 colors of bell peppers, Pablano peppers and jalapeños tomatoes and onions as my veggies. My only issue is that I used Tony's and it was a little too salty. What Cajun spices did y'all use?
- 1⁄3 lb white fish fillet (cod, halibut, rockfish, snapper, etc)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1 roma tomato, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lemon
- cajun seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse and dry your fish, and rub each side with some olive oil. Season each side with cajun seasoning.
- Place fish in the center of a very long piece of foil on a cookie sheet.
- Toss veggies, garlic, pepper flakes, cajun seasoning and remaining olive oil in a bowl until everything is sufficiently coated.
- Spread veggie mixture over fish fillet.
- Squeeze juice of lemon over veggies and fish. I put the rest of the lemon on top of the mixture while it bakes for extra lemon flavor, but you don't have to.
- Fold foil around fish and vegetables so that a packet is formed.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
- Open foil, place on plate, and dig in!