Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Pillsbury's "30-Minute Meals". Adding salsa and taco spices with Monterey Jack cheese creates a cheeseburger with zip!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from a 1.25 oz. package)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- Fire up the grill. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, 2 tablespoons of the salsa and the taco seasoning mix; mix well. Shape the mixture into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- When ready to grill, place the patties on a gas grill over medium heat or on a charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 11 to 13 minutes or until the patties are thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each patty; cook an additional 1 minute or until cheese is melted. You might want to toast the buns slightly on the grill at the same time.
- Place the patties on the bottom halves of the buns. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the salsa and add the top portion of the bun.