Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not for sure where I got this recipe from but I do know that it is delish! I used to make Sloppy Joes from the can but not anymore!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery rib
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Cook beef and onion in 10 inches skillet over medium heat stirring occasionally until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook over low heat 10 - 15 minutes or just until veggies are tender.
This is a great easy and delicious recipe. I don't use the celery because I usually don't have it on hand. I serve this with prepared frozen corn and sometime put the corn into the sloppy joe itself. Very easy and kid friendly!
This is a good recipe to have in your file to use over and over. I did use an extra 1/2 pound of ground beef, though, so I added an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce. Very tasty!