1/3 Photos of Sassy Seasoned Shrimp
2 hrs 10 mins
I came up with this recipe for the Mixing Pot Challenge of the Zaar World Tour 6. I tried to represent my team "A Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens" in an Asian marinade that is great for shrimp. Its zesty and sweet, and has a bit of kick, just like our team. I used the marinade for grilled shrimp, I also tried it sauteed and liked the grilling method best. I recommend saving out about 1/4 cup of the marinade as a dipping sauce for the grilled shimp. We served it with fried rice as a side dish, but this would also make a wonderful appetizer! If you like it spicy, use 4 tablespoons of the chili garlic sauce. I used 3 and it was a little spicy but I could have gone hotter. You can also add some crushed red pepper to kick it up. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first eight ingredients in a bowl (or simply put all in a large ziploc and squish to mix). You can reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade as a dipping sauce.
- 2Put the marinade in a large ziploc bag and add shrimp.
- 3Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- 4Take shrimp out of bag and thread onto skewers.
- 5Grill over medium high heat for about 4 minutes each side, or until shrimp are done.
- 6Serve with reserved marinade as a dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sassy Seasoned Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 318.6 mg
- Sodium 1785.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar