Recipe by Tinkmommy
This is a family favorite from growing up and now a family favorite with my husband and kids. The easiest way to describe it is like a sweet n' sour dish.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Great! All of the kids ate and enjoyed it. Adults, too. Easy to fix for a weeknight dinner. Sweet and sour without being overly sweet. I used 11/4 pound good quality kielbasa, and didn't add water when I saut?ed it. Will make again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (1 lb) package smoked sausage or 1 (1 lb) package kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup beef broth (I use a bouillion cube to make this)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, reserve juices
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -6 cups cooked rice (I start this first)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, over med-high heat, lightly brown sausage in 1/3 cup of water. Add celery and onion and saute till crisp-tender.
- Add beef broth and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple juice into measuring cup or bowl and add brown sugar, corn starch, garlic and pepper, mix well.
- Once the sausage combination has simmered add pineapple juice mixture and stir well.
- Add pineapple, heat through. The sauce will thicken as it stands.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!