This is a family favorite from growing up and now a family favorite with my husband and kids. The easiest way to describe it is like a sweet n' sour dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) package smoked sausage or 1 (1 lb) package kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup beef broth (I use a bouillion cube to make this)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, reserve juices
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -6 cups cooked rice (I start this first)
- 1In large skillet, over med-high heat, lightly brown sausage in 1/3 cup of water. Add celery and onion and saute till crisp-tender.
- 2Add beef broth and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, drain pineapple juice into measuring cup or bowl and add brown sugar, corn starch, garlic and pepper, mix well.
- 4Once the sausage combination has simmered add pineapple juice mixture and stir well.
- 5Add pineapple, heat through. The sauce will thicken as it stands.
- 6Serve over rice. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sassy Sausage Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.7
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 1194.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 21.0 g