Recipe by Sassy Sandra
This a family favourite. My sister in law Amy Paun makes it often for family gatherings, and there is never a bite left. I normally make in in the morning, let it sit a good part of the day and then serve it for dessert that evening. It's really great comfort food. Try it, your family will love it as well!
- 1 quart milk (Can use skim if you like)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (good Mexican if you have it)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 4 bananas
- 2 cups whipped cream or 2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 baked pie crusts or 2 graham cracker pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, sugar and vanilla in heavy pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch, eggs and water together.
- When the milk mixture comes to a boil, slowly pour cornstarch mixture into the boiling mixture.
- Beat continously until thick.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Layer this Cream Pie Mixture between thinly sliced bananas in the pie crusts.
- Put in fridge to set.
- (At least 1 hour) When ready to serve, put whipped cream on top.
- Enjoy, it's awsome!