Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am always on the lookout for lower carb lunches that can be carried on the go, as I find to-go lunches (lunches that I can take to work) to be one of the greatest creative challanges of lower-carb eating. I discovered this recipe, and usually take it for lunch at least once per week. It is simple, yet delicious, and I find that it satisfies my sandwich cravings (especially with the diced dill pickle). It keeps well in the fridge for a day or two. Thought that I would share! :-)
- 3⁄4 lb roast beef, diced
- 3 scallions, diced finely
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small dill pickle, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or more, depending on taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon creamy horseradish sauce (depending on taste)
- salt and pepper
- 2 pepperoncini peppers
- Mix all ingrediants together, except mayo, horseradish sauce, salt and pepper, and pepperoncini peppers.
- Toss well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mayo and horseradish sauce, and toss well.
- Finish off by adding pepperoncini peppers.
This was really good! Excellent with toasted sprouted bread. Not too spicy either..just enough zing! Thanks for sharing!
This is great! We had ours in whole wheat pitas and both of us were delighted. The only thing I did different was to cube the cheese rather than shred it. These will definitely be a frequent meal here. Thanks for posting this!