Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My daughters absolute favorite comfort food. I use canned corn
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes (about 1-1/4 lb.)
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup light dressing Miracle Whip light
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- COOK bacon in large saucepan until crisp; drain. Return bacon to pan.
- STIR in potatoes, broth, corn, onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- MIX dressing and flour in medium bowl. Stir in milk. Add to potato mixture. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
This is a very, very tasty chowder, & I put it together using some homemade chicken broth & definitely did not peel the potatoes (We love the flavor of the peel)! Definitely will be making this one again, & when I do I'd like to use fresh corn! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]
A yummy chowder! Picky son #2 said he was glad I made this for dinner tonight. :) I used red potatoes and left the skins on. I also had some half and half that needed to be used so did that instead of milk. I also used regular mayo instead of miracle whip. This recipe didn't take long to put together at all! I also used white corn from my freezer. Served with recipe #349736. Thanks for posting! Made for the May 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
A very nice thick chowder. I used mayo with canola and canned corn to make quick work of this. Home from school today Carly enjoyed three big bowls of it. Glad she left me some! Made for the Beverage Tag.