Recipe by wicked cook 46
My daughters absolute favorite comfort food. I use canned corn
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is a very, very tasty chowder, & I put it together using some homemade chicken broth & definitely did not peel the potatoes (We love the flavor of the peel)! Definitely will be making this one again, & when I do I'd like to use fresh corn! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes (about 1-1/4 lb.)
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup light dressing Miracle Whip light
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- COOK bacon in large saucepan until crisp; drain. Return bacon to pan.
- STIR in potatoes, broth, corn, onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- MIX dressing and flour in medium bowl. Stir in milk. Add to potato mixture. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.