Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an easy and delicious treat that makes for a great appetizer or snack. I came up with it when I had an impromptu gathering and needed snacks quick. Try it you'll love it.
- 2 (198.44 g) bag microwave popcorn (plain or buttered)
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese (or more if you like)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 0.75 ml seasoned pepper
- salt (only if using plain popcorn) (optional)
- Pop popcorn in micro according to directions and place in large bowl.
- Melt butter with garlic powder in micro.
- Sprinkle parmasean cheese, Itlaian seasoning and seasoned pepper over popcorn.
- Pour melted butter with garlic over popcorn in a circular motion.
- Toss popcorn to distribute in gredients evenly and serve immediately!
- Want to make it spicy and sassy?.
- Just put a couple of dashes of hot sauce with the butter before melting- or use some red pepper flakes thats great too!
- But watch out it gets hot fast!
No stars, because I think the problem was my particular Italian seasoning. Neither my 3 year-old daughter or I ate more than half of our popcorn... there was a very bitter taste to it. She said it was "too spicy". I used my new-ish container of store brand Italian seasoning, and I think it was the problem, not the recipe, so I don't want to ruin this recipe's 5-star rating. If I make it again I'll re-rate with stars. Thanks anyway.
What a great idea! This is a great way to give the regular ho-hum popcorn a makeover! Thanks for sharing!
I love popcorn and this was great with a movie! We enjoyed the different flavors.