1/1 Photo of Sassy Pesto Pasta and Veggies
A very easy recipe if you have pesto already made! I'm always looking for ways to use zucchini this time of year as the garden always over produces! This made a very large amount of pasta and there still wasn't any left. Everyone took seconds but me... I think you could use many different types of veggies and cheeses in this recipe and it would be just as good. You can also use other pastas such as bow ties or fusilli. I used what was either in the garden or right in the front of the fridge. I used a prebaked acorn squash that I'd planned to use for another recipe and it added a very wonderful nutty flavor to the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 acorn squash (pre roasted works best) or 1 eggplant, peeled and diced (pre roasted works best)
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato, cut into strips
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, roasted (optional)
- 1Bake acorn squash in oven just until tender. If you are using eggplant, peel and cube the eggplant and toss with a bit of olive oil, roasting until slightly tender.
- 2Cook pasta al dente per package instructions.
- 3Saute in large skillet over medium to med.-high heat onion, pepper, and garlic about 4 minutes.
- 4Add zucchini, acorn squash or eggplant and saute until squash is lightly browned and onions are tender about 6 minutes.
- 5Lower heat to medium low.
- 6Add seasonings and sundried tomatoes and mix well.
- 7Add precooked pasta, pesto, parmesan cheese and mix well.
- 8Heat until well blended and pasta has absorbed some of the pesto, about 5 minutes.
- 9Add fresh mozzarella.
- 10Adjust spices to your personal taste.
- 11Buono Gusto!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sassy Pesto Pasta and Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 879.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: