Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fish rub with a middle eastern flare, created for ZWT6 Wild Card Mixing Pot Challenge. Lots of strong ingredients, but the end result is fairly mild.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or finely minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredints.
- Rub on fish fillets prior to pan frying.
We liked this alot, but I think it needed just a bit more kick to it. I used it on a fresh mahi mahi fillet and baked it in the oven. The fish was tender, flavorful and very moist. Nice rub ~ I'll use it again. Thanks for posting AzG ~ made for ZWT6 - NA*ME Region Wild Card Challenge ~ The Mixing Pot II and the Queens of Quisine.
I mixed the rub and brushed onto shrimp kabobs which I then grilled on an indoor grill. I used smoked paprika and maybe shouldn't have done so with the cumin and chili powder. The result was a very smoky taste that overpowered the dish. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I did enjoy trying it and it made a very quick lunch. Made for ZWT6.