Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from the Simply the Best cookbook. It is 4 points per serving.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-sodium salsa
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped mushroom
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salsa, oatmeal, carrot, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Shape the mixture into a loaf.
- Place the loaf in the pan. Bake until browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean and hot, about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes before slicing.
I've been making this for many many years. For those that have trouble slicing it I have a solution that also works for leftovers. I bought a pan at Kohls (cheap) that is a mini-loaf pan, has space for 8 loaves. I use that pan and make 6 individual servings.
This is one of our favorite recipes! I add more mushrooms than called for, and sometimes chopped green pepper, if I have it. This is always so moist and delicious. I use ketchup for the top.
This was pretty good, but mine needed salt to be sure. I used more mushrooms like one posted recommended and would have used zucchini as well if I had had it on hand. Thanks for posting!