Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Betty Crockers Soul Food Collection... This is spaghetti with attitude and a twist, blending traditional Italian flavor with a dash of Mexican pizzazz. It's a world of great taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) packageold el paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 (28 ounce) canmuir glen organic crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) cangreen giant mexicorn whole mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- grated parmesan cheese, if desired
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package; cover to keep warm. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from skillet. Add beef to same skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Add onion and bell pepper to beef; mix well. Stir in sugar, taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and mushrooms. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese.