Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
DH and I LOVE pork ribs. This is a recipe he came up with one day while I was at work. WOW - what a great surprise to come home to. These ribs are wonderful - the flavor is outstanding. An important step is removing the membrane from the back and it can be a bit tedious, but it does make all the difference in the world between a chewy rib and a tender rib.
- 4 lbs pork ribs (1 Rack)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons frank's hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons tony chacherie seasoning
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons pickled ginger, with juice
- Remove membrane from back of ribs.
- Combine soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and Frank's Hot Sauce.
- Rub on both sides of ribs by hand.
- Rub Tony Chacherie's on both sides of ribs by hand.
- Cover large cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place ribs bone side down on foil.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Set gas grill on 300 degrees or medium heat and cook over indirect heat for 2 hours.
- While ribs are cooking combine all ingredients for basting sauce in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After two hours on grill remove ribs from grill.
- Drain liquids off and discard top layer of foil.
- Cut ribs, place back on cookie sheet and baste generously with basting sauce.
- Return to grill for 30 minutes.
- Turn ribs, baste and cook for another 30 minutes.
- If desired continue basting for stronger citrus flavor.