1/2 Photos of Sassy Chicken Enchiladas
Megan Yonak's Note:
These are something that I just made up tonight for dinner and they were yum yum yummy. I would put them at a 3 or 4 on the scale of 1-10 for spiciness, so if you like spicy, you'll love these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 flour tortillas (I used an organic whole wheat low cal, low fat brand)
- 10 ounces boneless chicken breasts (1 1/2 boneless breasts shredded)
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (I used Old El Paso HOT enchilada sauce)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese (shredded, reserve 1/4 for topping)
- 1/2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese (soft)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (don't drain)
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cook chicken breasts on grill (outdoor or Foreman)- Let sit till it's cool enough to shred.
- 3In a med size mixing bowl, Mix the shredded 1 1/2 to 2 chicken breasts and put in bowl with green chilies, goat cheese, cheddar, colby/jack, salt and pepper, and sour cream. Divvy up into 8 equal, separate piles. Set aside
- 4Pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of 9x13 metal nonstick pan. Take 1 tortilla and dip one side (basically just lay it totally flat) in the sauce inside the pan. Spread 1 'pile' evenly down middle of tort and roll tightly, placing seem side down. Repeat with 7 remaining.
- 5Pour remaining sauce evenly over top and finish with reserved 1/4 cup cheddar.
- 6Bake in 375 preheated oven for 20-25 min or until sauce in bottom of pan is bubbling and the enchiladas are cooked through.
- 7Garnish with sour cream and green onion if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sassy Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 463.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese