Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just an age old family recipe. It can be tamed down or kicked up a notch.
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, shelled with tails intact, deveined
- 6 lemon wedges
- Combine all ingredients in bowl except shrimp, mix well then add shrimp and turn to coat evenly.
- Cover and refridgerate at least 15 minutes.
- Thread shrimp on skewers, metal or wooden. If using wooden skewers soak them in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent burning. We soaked them in beer.
- Grill shrimp over medium-hot briquets about 2 minutes per side until opaque.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This is a great recipe with plenty of taste and kick! The only change I made was to substitute red onions for the green simply because red onions didn't require a trip to the grocery store. The skewers make a nice presentation on a bed of rice. Prepared for PAC Fall 2008