Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from my friend Dawne, and it's one of only 2 bean dishes I've ever liked.
- 1 (48 ounce) jarrandall pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pour the beans into a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and lightly saute the onions and garlic, about 2 minutes.
- Remember to stir.
- Add the beans.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a 1.5 quart shallow casserole.
- Bake in a preheated, 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for one hour.
I really liked this! Served with rice, this made a very nice vegetarian meal. I wouldn't change a thing about the recipe. Thanks for posting!