Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a family favorite of ours! My husband, who absolutely loves saskatoon pie, now requests this instead!!
- 6 cups saskatoon berries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups rhubarb (cut small)
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brick margarine
- Place saskatoons and rhubarb in a 9X13 pan.
- Sprinkle the white sugar over berries and drizzle with a little bit of lemon juice. You can now dot with a bit of margarine (1/4 cup) if you wish.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, rolled oats. Cut in the margarine like you would for pie pastry until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
The saskatoons are so bountiful this year - making up for zero display last year and this recipe was enjoyed by our guests and a copy was sent home with them.
Thank you for the recipe! I was looking for a dessert to use up all the lovely saskatoons I picked - that WASN'T pie. This was tasty and easy. The only change I made was to use real butter. yum.