Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Saskatoons grow wild where we live. This recipe could probably be used for blueberries as well. Use 1 quart of filling for a double crust pie. If you choose to can the berries in pint jars, it makes a great cheesecake topping.
- Boil together the water and lemon juice.
- Add the saskatoons, and bring to a boil again.
- Mix the sugar with the cornstarch thoroughly.
- Add the sugar/cornstarch mixture to the saskatoons.
- Stir and cook until juice is thickened and clear.
- Pour in sterilized quart or pint jars.
- Process in hot water bath for 20 minutes for quarts or 15 minutes for pints.