Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husbands favorite pie!
Make and share this Saskatoon Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, simmer saskatoon berries in water for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir in granulated sugar mixed with flour.
- Pour into pastry lined pie plate.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust; seal and flute edges.
- Make slits in the pie crust for air vents.
- Bake in 425F oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350F oven and bake 35-45 minutes longer or until golden brown.
This recipe is fantastic - I got a bucket of saskatoons at the Farmers Market yesterday and made pies. They were great - hoping it will work with blueberries too!
This was a great recipe - held together nicely, easy to prepare. Unfortunately for me, I am not really a fruit pie person (other than apple), so it's not a recipe I will make often, but if you like saskatoons and fruit pies, this is your recipe!!
This pie was amazing. Soooo juicy, without being runny. This is my go to recipe from now on.