Recipe by Graybert
My husbands favorite pie!
Top Review by Trish Za Dish
This is an excellent recipe. Not too sweet and the berries are not too undercooked or overcooked. I forgot to dot with butter and it worked just fine. Also tried with lime and still very good. Can be done without a top crust and eaten as is or topped with ice cream or whipped cream. This one is going in my best cookbook.
- 4 cups saskatoon berries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, granulated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, simmer saskatoon berries in water for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir in granulated sugar mixed with flour.
- Pour into pastry lined pie plate.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust; seal and flute edges.
- Make slits in the pie crust for air vents.
- Bake in 425F oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350F oven and bake 35-45 minutes longer or until golden brown.