This saskatoon berry pie recipe may not require you to turn your oven on if you have some pre-baked crusts on hand. Would probably taste great if made in a graham crust as well! I haven't tried this yet (as my berries got eaten before they got baked into anything) but it looks easy to make, maybe next year... Found in the Summer 2005 issue of Canadian Gardening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water, sugar & lemon juice together for 10 minutes.
- 2Add berries and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- 3Dissolve corn starch in cold water and add to berries.
- 4Cook for another 5-10 mins until thickened.
- 5Remove from heat, add almond extract and stir.
- 6Pour into baked pie shells then let cool.
- 7Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saskatoon Berry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: