Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I received from my neighbour who sells saskatoons.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda, and
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups saskatoon berries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak rolled oats in orange juice.
- Stir the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the rolled oats mixture and the saskatoon berries.
- Fold together being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 large muffin cups. Mix the last measurement of sugar and the cinnamon together and spoon on top.
- Bake at 375F for 18 to 20 minutes.
Very good. I cut the oil back to ¼ cup and increased the OJ by ¼ cup. The muffins were still light and tasty.
Very nice. I needed to add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more liquid, as I used mango juice
They were good but did not know what to do with the egg and oil. The recipe failed to mention when to add these 2 ingredients.