Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't remember where I found this recipe - online somewhere I think. It's simple and good if you like sushi. We make this alot when in Hawaii.
- 12 ounces ahi tuna steaks (sushi quality)
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄3 cup wasabi
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 bunches watercress
- 2 cups pickled ginger
- Cut tuna in thin slices, divide, and arrange on four large plates.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep chilled until ready to assemble.
- Combine chives and garlic with soy sauce. Reserve.
- Mix wasabi and rice vinegar to a paste consistency. Reserve.
- Wash watercress, trim stems and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place watercress on top of tuna.
- Set pickled ginger and wasabi on each side of the watercress.
- Pour sauce around tuna and serve.
- Per serving: 51 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (2% calories from.
- fat); 4g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 2407mg Sodium.
- Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable;.
- 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other CarbohydratesI.