Recipe by Melslack
Sasha LOVES her special cookies! I can't get out the bread machine anymore without her getting excited! This recipe is based on one I got here, but have played with it a little to make it my own. Cheese can also be added if you (and your puppy) like.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2-1 cup meat (I save scraps, ham, steak, whatever)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon bacon grease
Directions See How It's Made
- I save leftover meat and scraps from our own meals in a freezer bag.
- When ready to make cookies, I take some out and cook it in the oil or bacon grease, just enough to defrost and flavor the oil.
- Chop finely in food processor.
- Put flour in bread machine.
- Add egg and other ingredients.
- Set for dough cycle.
- Check consistency of dough.
- Add flour or liquid as needed.
- When it is done, roll out and cut into whatever shape you want.
- I use a shot glass to cut dough, they are perfect bite size for her.
- Cutting them thicker will make for a chewier cookie, thinner will be crispier.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Cool for several hours to remove moisture.