3 hrs 30 mins
Posted in response to a request for Croatian Recipes. I have not tried this recipe. Source: St. Anthony Croatian Church Women's Guild Los Angeles, California. Times are estimated
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove bruised leaves from cabbage and cut out center core.
- 2Pour boiling water over cabbages to soften.
- 3Meanwhile, sauté bacon and onion until bacon is done.
- 4Add half the tomato soup.
- 5Beat eggs and add salt, pepper, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, ground beef, pork and ham.
- 6Add bacon mixture and rice and mix thoroughly.
- 7Separate cabbage leaves and drain.
- 8Place heaping tablespoon of stuffing at core end of each cabbage leaf and roll carefully, tucking in ends.
- 9Place rolls in layers in Dutch oven or heavy kettle.
- 10Chop small unused leaves and place over to.
- 11Pour remaining soup and add enough water to cover rolls.
- 12Cover and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarma (Cabbage Rolls)
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.3
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 155.4 mg
- Sodium 1413.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 28.8 g