Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different idea for an Indian-style Hannukah treat, from TriniGourmet.com. We like them fresh and hot and dipped in chutney.
- 5 potatoes, peeled and grated
- 59.14 ml onion, grated
- 4.92 ml ginger, minced
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes or 1.23 ml cayenne powder
- 1.23 ml cumin powder
- 1.23 ml garam masala powder
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 59.14-118.29 ml olive oil, as much as needed for frying
- Combine all the ingredients except for the oil.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a pan or skillet with the biggest flat frying surface you have.
- Drop 1/4 cup balls of the mixture into the oil and flatten each one. Use smaller sizes for cute "mini-latkes".
- Fry on each side for about 5 minutes until cooked. Add more oil as needed.