Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different idea for an Indian-style Hannukah treat, from TriniGourmet.com. We like them fresh and hot and dipped in chutney.
- 5 potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil, as much as needed for frying
- Combine all the ingredients except for the oil.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a pan or skillet with the biggest flat frying surface you have.
- Drop 1/4 cup balls of the mixture into the oil and flatten each one. Use smaller sizes for cute "mini-latkes".
- Fry on each side for about 5 minutes until cooked. Add more oil as needed.