Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hard boiled eggs with a difference! from http://www.e-rcps.com ZWT7 25 min prep time. 20 min. cook time. Note--Aug. 2, 2011: This dish picks up the wine vinegar flavor along with the crunchy, garlicly bread crumb topping. We enjoyed these warm.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 -3 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soft breadcrumbs
- Slice cooled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Put oil, vinegar and salt, to taste in frying pan. Heat pan on low heat.
- Add eggs, turning eggs frequently,cooking over low heat until vinegar evaporates.
- Remove eggs and put in a oven proof dish,cut side up and put in low oven to keep warm.
- To the remaining oil add garlic and parsley cook over low heat for a few minutes, stir in bread crumbs, cook until golden brown, spread mixture over eggs.
- Serve at once warm or cold.
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this dish. It was different, yet easy and very tasty. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2100-Italy.