Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am working though posting some recipes from my Portuguese cookbooks, this one is adapted from Portuguese cooking by Hilaire Walden. I plan on making this recipe but if you make it before I do, I would appreciate the feedback.
- Rinse the sardines and remove the scales, then sprinkle liberally with the sea salt and leave for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill, broiler or barbecue so that it's nice and hot.
- Rinse the sardines under some water and then dry them with papertowels.
- Brush the sardines with a little olive oil and then grill for several minutes each side until they are cooked.
- Serve immediately with a dash of olive oil drizzled over the tops, and sea salt sprinkled over them.