I am working though posting some recipes from my Portuguese cookbooks, this one is adapted from Portuguese cooking by Hilaire Walden. I plan on making this recipe but if you make it before I do, I would appreciate the feedback.
My Private Note
- 1Rinse the sardines and remove the scales, then sprinkle liberally with the sea salt and leave for at least 1 hour.
- 2Preheat your grill, broiler or barbecue so that it's nice and hot.
- 3Rinse the sardines under some water and then dry them with papertowels.
- 4Brush the sardines with a little olive oil and then grill for several minutes each side until they are cooked.
- 5Serve immediately with a dash of olive oil drizzled over the tops, and sea salt sprinkled over them.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sardinhas Assadas / Portuguese Grilled Sardines
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.8
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 242.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g