Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
From a diabetic cookbook.
Make and share this Sardines on Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices rye bread (wholegrain)
- 200 g cherry tomatoes (6 1/2oz squashed and drained)
- 2 (100 g) sardines (3 1/2oz in spring water and drained)
- 50 g rocket (1 2/3oz arugula)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- cracked black pepper
- Put the bread slices on a baking tray and cook one side under a grill (broiler) preheated to medium until golden brown.
- Arange the cherry tomatoes and sardines on the untoasted side of the bread slices and grill (broil) until the sardines are browned.
- Top the sardines with the rockets (arugula) and sprinkle with the lemon juice and season with creacked black pepper.
This was OK. I ate it, but my bread fell apart, and it didn't have much flavor. It filled me up, and that's what matters. Thanks I'mPat!
It's been a while since I've had sardines and I've never tried broiling them before. I thoroughly enjoyed this little sandwich made with whole rye (Vollkornbrot) and romaine as I didn't have any arugula in the fridge. Thank you for sharing, I'mPat.