Recipe by Manami
This is an easy and quick recipe! It is really very good! It is a nice change from tuna, egg, and all the other sandwiches that are around. This was on Coastal Lving, March 2002.
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed
- focaccia bread, sliced 8 1-inch thick
- 2 (4 3/8 ounce) cansboneless skinless sardines in oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and dillweed; spread on cut sides of focaccia.
- Arrange sardines, capers and onion on cream cheese mixture on 4 pieces of focaccia.
- Top with remaining bread.
- *Focaccia can be toasted in oven if you like and prepare the sandwiches when warm.