Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Norwegian version of the famous Salade Nicoise, made with brisling sardines instead of anchovies & tuna from Andres Viestad's episode "A Balancing Act." Remember, the smaller the sardine - the better quality
- 1 head escarole
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 -4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 -12 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 8 -10 brisling sardines, from tins
- Wash escarole and parsley in cold water and pat dry with a towel. Tear into small pieces and place in bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, mustard & sugar.
- Add dressing to salad and toss.
- Place the salad on two chilled plates. Add eggs, tomatoes, brisling sardines and croutons and serve.