Recipe by Bev
Extremely simple appetizer for those who like sardines. From Gourmet, March 2002
Top Review by Deb G
I followed the recipe except I left the slices of bread whole because I was preparing it for lunch for DH and me. I used only 4 pieces of bread so we each had 2 open-faced sandwiches. We both loved them and will definitely have frequently. Served with tossed salad. Thanks for posting!
- 15 slices firm white bread, lightly toasted
- 1 (4 3/8 ounce) can sardines in oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim crusts from bread and cut each slice into 8 triangles.
- Mash sardines with mayonnaise, then stir in onion and parsley.
- Spread on toasts and bake on a baking sheet in middle of oven until puffed and golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Makes 120 hors d'oeuvres.