Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but the Caper & Vodka Butter sound amazing! Sometimes fresh sardines can be hard to find, but I think this recipe would be great using fresh trout fillets too. This is not a low-cal dish!!! From Scandi-Home, a Scandinavian cooking blog.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Sprinkle 2 tbsp of the breadcrumbs over the base of an ovenproof dish.
- Put the softened butter in a small bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Then whisk in the vodka, capers and black pepper. Set aside.
- Season the fish LIGHTLY with salt and fold each fillet in half so that the skin sides are on the outside. Arrange the fillets in the prepared dish.
- Spread the butter over the fish, then sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs over the fish and butter.
- Bake the fish in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden.