Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sardines are so good for you but are not a "favorite" among the food groups. This is my attempt to offer you a nice something.
- 3 (3 3/4 ounce) cans sardines in oil, extra virin olive oil, well drained (King Oscar's)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened, at room temp
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce (More if needed)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated onions (Less if wanted)
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup crushed potato crisps or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup crushed seasoned potato chips
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Lightly brown almonds on a cookie sheet in a hot oven, for about 5 minutes. (About 450ºF).
- Beat cream cheese, horseradish, wine(if using), tabasco sauce, lemon juice, black pepper, and grated onions.
- Mash sardines and add to cream cheese.
- Add potato crisps or seasoned potato chips, slowly, so as to measure consistency.
- Also, add almonds, slowly, so as to measure consistency. (Leave out about 1 tablespoon almonds).
- Put mixture in heat-proof dish and heat in micorwave or oven until dip is bubbling, at 375ºF for about 7-10 minutes.
- Top with reserved browned almonds.
- Serve with assorted vegetables, cocktail breads, crackers or Seasoned Party Pitas #146950 by me.
SOOOOO delicious! I added in some fresh garlic, this was a test-run for the holidays, and let me tell you this recipe will be on my list! thanks for sharing this Di!...Kitten :)