Sardines are so good for you but are not a "favorite" among the food groups. This is my attempt to offer you a nice something.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (3 3/4 ounce) cans sardines in oil, extra virin olive oil, well drained (King Oscar's)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened, at room temp
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce (More if needed)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated onions (Less if wanted)
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup slivered toasted almond
- 1/4-1/2 cup crushed potato crisps or 1/4-1/2 cup crushed seasoned potato chips
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Lightly brown almonds on a cookie sheet in a hot oven, for about 5 minutes. (About 450ºF).
- 2Beat cream cheese, horseradish, wine(if using), tabasco sauce, lemon juice, black pepper, and grated onions.
- 3Mash sardines and add to cream cheese.
- 4Add potato crisps or seasoned potato chips, slowly, so as to measure consistency.
- 5Also, add almonds, slowly, so as to measure consistency. (Leave out about 1 tablespoon almonds).
- 6Put mixture in heat-proof dish and heat in micorwave or oven until dip is bubbling, at 375ºF for about 7-10 minutes.
- 7Top with reserved browned almonds.
- 8Serve with assorted vegetables, cocktail breads, crackers or Seasoned Party Pitas #146950 by me.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sardine Dip
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 188.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: