Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick sardine curry. Very easy to prepare. Can serve with rice or dip with white bread.
Make and share this Sardine Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (a spice from Indian grocers)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 to taste ginger, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- curry leaf (a small handfull)
- 5 cups water
- 70 g tamarind juice, mixed with the water,strained
- 5 tablespoons fish curry powder
- 1 can sardines (in tomato sauce)
- 200 g lady finger bananas, cut into 2
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- Heat oil and fry the fenugreek and cumin till fragrant.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic and curry leaves.
- Saute till onions are soft.
- Add tamarind water, curry powder, salt and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and boil till the ladies fingers are cooked.
Having clicked on ladyfinger I see it is described as cake. I assume the ingredient should be banana, as in ladyfinger bananas.