Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty New England appetizer. From the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup canned sardines, drained and mashed
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimento stuffed olives (more if desired)
- Mix all ingredients together Spread on small slices of toasted bread or crackers and garnish with slices of stuffed olives.
A nice sardine appetizer. I usually just eat them straight out of the can on crackers and was looking for something a little different. Added a little extra lemon juice, mayo and olives.