Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my sister's favorite dish that my mom makes. It's a wonderful mexican-inspired casserole of layers of corn tortillas, cheese, and a creamy chicken, black bean, and green chili mixture. A great use for leftover chicken.*Edited per reviewers suggestions that it was too runny. Should set up fine now. Saucy but not runny.*
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into fourths
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) cansliced olives, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine all the layer 2 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put layer 1(the tortillas) in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread layer 2(chicken mixture) over the tortilla's.
- Spread layer 3(cheeses) over the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 375* for 45 mins until hot and bubbly. Let stand 15 minute before serving.
We loved this! Since there are just the two of us, I divided it up and made 3 small casserole dishes. I have two in the freezer to have later -- perfect. I loved the addition of the green chilies and the black beans. I have made a similar dish in the past, but it didn't call for those two ingredients. I also added a couple tablespoons of milk to the soup mixture. I think I had a little more chicken than the recipe called for and didn't want it to turn out too dry. It was just right. I can see why this is your sisters favorite dish! Thanks for sharing.
I made this as a take-home meal for my DS, it's quick and easy and tastes good too! I did make a couple amount adjustments, I sauteed some onions with garlic and added it into layer #2. This was throughly enjoyed, thanks for sharing hon...Kitten:)
I agree that this is very runny! I also used fresh onion, and garlic in the mixture. Next time I may just use the chicken soup instead of using both of the soups. Also used 2 layers of tortillas as well. Thanks for sharing.