1/3 Photos of Saratoga Chips
Sue Lau's Note:
This is supposedly the way that potato chips were first made, by George Crum in Saratoga New York, around 1850. With all the types and variety of chips available today, they certainly have "come a long way baby, to get where they got to today"! nt
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pare potatoes and slice thinly and evenly (a mandolin works well for this).
- 2Submerge potatoes in ice water and allow to sit for about 30 minutes, separating slices so the starch on each is rinsed.
- 3Heat oil in a large kettle or fryer to 375°F.
- 4Drain potatoes from the water and pat dry using paper toweling, making sure they are completely dry.
- 5Fry potatoes in small batches, until golden.
- 6Drain potatoes and place on clean brown paper, and season to your liking.
- 7Keep potatoes in oven on low temperature to keep warm while finishing other potatoes, if necessary.
- 8Serve chips with smoky barbecue sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saratoga Chips
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g