1/2 Photos of Sarasota's Spicy Simple Black Beans
A quick easy recipe using canned black beans for a side dish any night of the week. I love this with my Margarita Chicken or just any citrus grilled chicken or fish. Maybe a nice spicy chili rub on chicken would be a nice dish with these beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 29.58 ml garlic
- 113.39 g can green chilies
- 44.37 ml salsa
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml olive oil to saute the onion and garlic
- 59.14-118.29 ml chicken broth (optional, see step 3)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt, to taste
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, fine chopped as a garnish
- 1Vegetables -- In a large saute pan, heat to medium and add the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic and cook on medium, not too high, you want them to sweat more. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- 2Spices -- Add in the green chilies, salsa, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and mix well, still on medium heat. Now add in the beans and stir to combine.
- 3Just let it hang out and cook on low heat while you prepare your main course. As it simmers I often add just a little chicken broth for some moisture. Each time it is different, 1/4 cup up to 1/2 cup, depending on how long they simmer. After 5 minutes the beans are done, but if you are still waiting on your main dish to be ready, maybe add a little more broth as the beans simmer so they don't dry out.
- 4Right before serving -- taste for salt and pepper and stir in the cilantro. That's it!
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarasota's Spicy Simple Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 287.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g