Recipe by SarasotaCook
I love quiche and this is just quick version with similar tastes but half the work. Ten (10) minutes to put together and 30 minutes in the oven. Serve with a side salad, fruit and your favorite vegetable and you have a great easy dinner. Fresh tomato slices or roasted grape tomatoes happen to be my favorite with this. You could mix this up a bit and use your favorite fillings as well; sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella, broccoli or ham, etc. This is just my favorite combination.
- 2⁄3 lb bacon, diced and sauteed until crisp
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick, Jiffy or similar)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs (I used large eggs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bacon -- In a small sauce pan, slowly render the bacon until golden brown and crisp. Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Layer 1 -- In a small bowl, add the bacon, cheese and the grated onion. And this is key - GRATE the onion over the bowl so you get all the juice too. You want the juice from the onion.
- Add the bacon, cheese and onion into a a 9 or 10" deep pie pan, sprayed with Pam or any non-stick spray.
- Egg Mixture -- In a medium size bowl, add the milk baking mix, eggs, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley. Mix well to combine and then pour on top of the bacon, cheese and onion mixture.
- Bake -- 400 degrees middle shelf for 30 minutes until set.
- Serve -- Slice and enjoy! I love to serve this with fresh tomato slices or roasted grape tomatoes.