I love quiche and this is just quick version with similar tastes but half the work. Ten (10) minutes to put together and 30 minutes in the oven. Serve with a side salad, fruit and your favorite vegetable and you have a great easy dinner. Fresh tomato slices or roasted grape tomatoes happen to be my favorite with this. You could mix this up a bit and use your favorite fillings as well; sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella, broccoli or ham, etc. This is just my favorite combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bacon -- In a small sauce pan, slowly render the bacon until golden brown and crisp. Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- 2Layer 1 -- In a small bowl, add the bacon, cheese and the grated onion. And this is key - GRATE the onion over the bowl so you get all the juice too. You want the juice from the onion.
- 3Add the bacon, cheese and onion into a a 9 or 10" deep pie pan, sprayed with Pam or any non-stick spray.
- 4Egg Mixture -- In a medium size bowl, add the milk baking mix, eggs, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley. Mix well to combine and then pour on top of the bacon, cheese and onion mixture.
- 5Bake -- 400 degrees middle shelf for 30 minutes until set.
- 6Serve -- Slice and enjoy! I love to serve this with fresh tomato slices or roasted grape tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarasota's Simple Swiss Bacon & Onion Pie
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.4
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 220.2 mg
- Sodium 1025.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 24.1 g