We all use frozen vegetables now and then. Peas and corn I use often and always have on hand. I love these on the grill, but you can also do them right in the oven which makes for NO clean up. Some herb butter (right from the grocery store) and pepper jack cheese for a great 15 minute side dish and NO dishes. To me ... corn goes with anything, just enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups frozen corn (I have used both canned or frozen, and have used both yellow a white shoepeg corn as well)
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons herb butter (many brands available, I find mine in the dairy aisle with all the others butter. But you can always)
- 3/4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1Foil Pouch -- Use a large sheet of foil about 18" long and spray the inside with Pam or any non stick spray. Pour the corn in the center and top with the scallions and lightly toss. Cut the butter into small pieces and top on the corn and finish with the broth and the cheese. Fold up your foil pouch really well.
- 2Grill -- Either outside grill or in the oven 375 degrees or medium high heat on the grill. It takes about 10-15 minutes. I flip usually once during cooking.
- 3ENJOY this no fuss, inexpensive, easy, quick side dish.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarasota's Simple Quick & Easy Favorite Frozen Corn
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 222.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 15.7 g