Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We all use frozen vegetables now and then. Peas and corn I use often and always have on hand. I love these on the grill, but you can also do them right in the oven which makes for NO clean up. Some herb butter (right from the grocery store) and pepper jack cheese for a great 15 minute side dish and NO dishes. To me ... corn goes with anything, just enjoy it.
- 4 cups frozen corn (I have used both canned or frozen, and have used both yellow a white shoepeg corn as well)
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons herb butter (many brands available, I find mine in the dairy aisle with all the others butter. But you can always)
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Foil Pouch -- Use a large sheet of foil about 18" long and spray the inside with Pam or any non stick spray. Pour the corn in the center and top with the scallions and lightly toss. Cut the butter into small pieces and top on the corn and finish with the broth and the cheese. Fold up your foil pouch really well.
- Grill -- Either outside grill or in the oven 375 degrees or medium high heat on the grill. It takes about 10-15 minutes. I flip usually once during cooking.
- ENJOY this no fuss, inexpensive, easy, quick side dish.
I don't have a grill so I made this in a casserole dish in the oven. I skipped the broth and made my own herb butter with lots of fresh garlic, and dried basil, oregano, thyme, tarragon & marjoram. One 16 oz pkg of corn ended up being almost exactly 4 cups - which was perfect since I'm trying to clean out my freezer and that was what I had! :) It did take a bit longer to cook since the corn was still frozen when I put it in the oven. This was great as a side with chicken. Thanks for sharing!