Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
How easy can it get? Canned artichokes, pre-shredded cheese, mayo, you can even get pre-minced garlic, some fresh parsley if possible, but dried will work. You do need to slice 1 onion, but mix and bake. It is a wonderful side dish that takes 5-10 minutes to put together and just bake. And in 30 minutes while you make the rest of dinner, your side dish is done. I serve this all the time with grilled steak, pork chops, or fish, anything you like.
- 2 (850.48 g) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters and thin sliced
- 226.79 g parmesan cheese, grated (not the green can)
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese, shredded (gruyere is ok too, Cheddar does not work for this dish)
- 158.51 ml mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 22.18 ml dried parsley
- 236.59 ml dried breadcrumbs (you can use fresh bread crumbs too if you don't have dried)
- 14.79 ml butter (margarine will work, but butter is preferred)
- 2.46 ml paprika
- Topping -- In a small bowl or measuring cup, melt the butter in the microwave (just 10 seconds or so, until melted) and add the breadcrumbs. Mix well and set to the side.
- Artichokes -- Simply mix everything together in a medium size bowl. Nothing more.
- Casserole -- I like to use a glass 8x8, or something similar in size. You could even use a 13x9 is that is all you have. Spray with a non-stick spray and pour in the artichoke mix. Top with the bread crumbs and sprinkle on the paprika and bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes on the middle shelf uncovered until bubbly and golden brown.
Just as described.... a snap to put together and delicious! It's just the right texture. It's just creamy and cheesy enough, but not overly rich like an artichoke dip. I used a mix of swiss and asiago cheese for this. It was perfect. Thanx for a lovely side dish!