1/1 Photo of Sarasota's Simple Creamy Cheesy Artichoke Casserole
How easy can it get? Canned artichokes, pre-shredded cheese, mayo, you can even get pre-minced garlic, some fresh parsley if possible, but dried will work. You do need to slice 1 onion, but mix and bake. It is a wonderful side dish that takes 5-10 minutes to put together and just bake. And in 30 minutes while you make the rest of dinner, your side dish is done. I serve this all the time with grilled steak, pork chops, or fish, anything you like.
My Private Note
Side Di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters and thin sliced
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (not the green can)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (gruyere is ok too, Cheddar does not work for this dish)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1Topping -- In a small bowl or measuring cup, melt the butter in the microwave (just 10 seconds or so, until melted) and add the breadcrumbs. Mix well and set to the side.
- 2Artichokes -- Simply mix everything together in a medium size bowl. Nothing more.
- 3Casserole -- I like to use a glass 8x8, or something similar in size. You could even use a 13x9 is that is all you have. Spray with a non-stick spray and pour in the artichoke mix. Top with the bread crumbs and sprinkle on the paprika and bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes on the middle shelf uncovered until bubbly and golden brown.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sarasota's Simple Creamy Cheesy Artichoke Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.9
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 1620.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 40.9 g