Recipe by SarasotaCook
Easy quick and a great alternative to everyday Italian dressing. A quick puree with the food processor and dressing is done. Chill in the refrigerator until later and you have an amazing dressing.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers (most jars are about 7 oz, if you want to make your own, approximately 1 large bell pepper roasted pe)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (you can substitute red wine if you want, it changes the flavor a bit but it will work just fine)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing -- If you are using jarred red pepper, drain and then add them and all the other ingredients to a food processor and blend. That is it! Also, don't worry if you get a little of the roasted red pepper liquid in the food processor as well, it is all good flavor and it won't affect the dressing. Once pureed, remove and transfer to a measuring cup or small bowl. Perfect salad dressing. If you want add the red pepper flakes, it adds a nice kick. But if not, just leave them out. Still a great dressing and so simple.