Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy quick and a great alternative to everyday Italian dressing. A quick puree with the food processor and dressing is done. Chill in the refrigerator until later and you have an amazing dressing.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers (most jars are about 7 oz, if you want to make your own, approximately 1 large bell pepper roasted pe)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (you can substitute red wine if you want, it changes the flavor a bit but it will work just fine)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Dressing -- If you are using jarred red pepper, drain and then add them and all the other ingredients to a food processor and blend. That is it! Also, don't worry if you get a little of the roasted red pepper liquid in the food processor as well, it is all good flavor and it won't affect the dressing. Once pureed, remove and transfer to a measuring cup or small bowl. Perfect salad dressing. If you want add the red pepper flakes, it adds a nice kick. But if not, just leave them out. Still a great dressing and so simple.
Made this today and I have to say I'll be making the is again! I did add more garlic though. It is delicious!
I am so grateful to find this recipe, because for years I have been trying to find an old Weight Watcher's recipe from the 1970 's, which featured a jar of Mancini Roasted Peppers as the main ingredient. It was delicious, and so easy to make in the blender, with just a few ingredients. But alas, there's no trace of this recipe anywhere. This is the closest I can come to it, and I just made my first batch. YES, it is delicious, but it makes such a small amount ! I can't believe no one has mentioned this. It barley filled up a 5oz jar. You would have to at least TRIPLE the amount of everything, to cover 2 or 3 portions of salad. After going through all the trouble of making and blending this, you want it to last a while, don't you ?
Absolutely delicious dressing! The recipe couldn't be simpler and now I have fabulous homemade and healthy dressing to put on my salads for a week or more. Thank you so much for posting your wonderful dressing recipe!! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game.